I know this post is a little bit delayed as we are already a couple of weeks into the year but here are my goals for 2015!2. As I mentioned above I do eat badly, not that you could tell as I obviously have a high metabolism. I don't snack as such, I eat a good breakfast and lunch, and when I am at home my mum cooks very healthy dinners from scratch. However when I am at my boyfriends we tend to get takeaways a lot, always stopping for a cheeky McDonald's and when we go out for dinner it's always burgers, loads of sides and a massive dessert. If you follow me on twitter you will know I tend to eat way too many chocolate fudge cakes and sticky toffee puddings. I don't believe in diets at all, nor do I think slim fast, pills or chemicals will help you lose weight. I think you just need to be motivated, eat well balanced meals and exercise. Therefore I have decided this year I will try my best to eat clean. This is where you eat food which is unprocessed or the least processed as possible. You are basically thinking about where the food has come from, how much it has been handled and pick foods with the smallest list of ingredients. For example fruit, veg, meat, eggs, brown bread and pasta, there's so much you can eat but it just takes a bit of time and money. My day will be consisting of fresh juices and smoothies, salads, fruit and a healthy dinner with lots of protein and healthy carbohydrates. It's all a lot of fresh produce so will cost more money but I am sure it's worth it in the long run. Like it says in the picture below this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle choice. I don't believe fad diets work, you just fall off the bandwagon and give in. I think this is a great lifestyle choice as you are not cutting anything out, your body needs a balanced diet including some fats, anything processed or with stuff added can't be good, therefore I think eating clean is the way forward. I also hope this will help give me more energy throughout the day as I am constantly tired even when I sleep 12 hours.
|My outfit is from the Miss Guided Active range www.missguided.co.uk/sportswear|
1. Like everyone else I will be trying to get fit and toned this year and go to the gym. I know its turning into a cliche the amount of people that say this and only go to the gym for one month. However I am very determined this year (plus my work are paying for my gym membership). I shall be trying to go about 2-3 times a week, doing exercise at home, going for bike rides and doing yoga. I know that I am very petite and don't really need to lose any weight. However for me it isn't about that. Honest to god, and anyone that knows me can vouch for this, I cannot run for 2 minutes without dying. I am so bloody unfit its a joke, and I eat so badly that my arteries are probably so clogged up. Its annoying as I used to be so fit in school, running for my district, athletics training everyday and I did gymnastics for 10 years. I miss being active so I can't wait to get back into it.
3. Other goals for this year include booking more holidays and travelling more. I hope to go to New York this year and if not at least have it booked for next year.
4. I will also be stopping bleaching my hair as I fancy a change and want my hair to go back to the same condition it used to be.
5. I am really hoping the diet change will help sort out my acne as I really don't want to take the easy way out and go back on the pill.
6. A big goal I want to hit is to wear more of my clothes. This sounds easy but I get into the habit of wearing about 5% of the clothes I own. I have so much its ridiculous and I am constantly buying more, therefore I have decided to not buy anything unless it's necessary and try to wear every single item in my wardrobe (this will probably take longer than a year!).
7. Lastly and probably the most important, I am going to try and worry less. I seem to spend a lot of time worrying about things that have happened in the past and things that could happen in the future. This causes me to turn into a hot mess and stop me doing a lot. I might seem quite confident on the outside but most of the time my brain is working at light speed to try and keep calm. I need to spend less time worrying and more time doing!
Thanks for reading
P.S. What are your goals for 2015?